Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Snickerdoodles

I love snickerdoodles. Whenever I order cookies, I always make sure to order at least some snickerdoodles and I'll choose them over chocolate chip cookies any day. I bet it's the cinnamon - I love cinnamon - that makes them so yummy. (I add lots more cinnamon to coat than others might but it's all up to you). After making several different kinds of snickerdoodle cookies, I've settled on a recipe that I've kept in heavy rotation for about three years. Everyone loves these and I hope you will too.

Snickerdoodles

A few notes about this recipe:
- The cookies will look slightly undone when they are ready to take out of the oven. If your cookies are golden brown all over, they are overdone.
- If you have 2 baking sheets, take advantage of them. That way, you don't have to wait for one baking sheet to cool before placing your cookie dough balls onto it. (The cookie dough will become mushy and the sugar has a chance of sticking to the parchment instead of to the cookies).
- These will keep in an airtight container for a few days. Just be sure it is really airtight or you will have hard cookies.

Snickerdoodles

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

2 Tbsp white sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt until combined. Stir in vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, mix together 2 Tbsp white sugar and 1 Tbsp cinnamon. Roll cookie dough into tablespoon-sized balls and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.

Yield: 3 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment