Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Asian Salmon

School is beginning to stress me out. It's my last semester and I'm taking 15 hours and writing an honors thesis. Ugh. All I really want to do is read the books I want to read (right now I'm reading The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie) and cook and eat all day. Instead, today I will study for for my Biochemistry test, start writing my thesis, and read for my English class... after I cook and eat :)



Asian Salmon
Adapted from The Barefoot Contessa

2 salmon fillets
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 1/2 Tbsp good olive oil
1/4 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp light brown sugar
1/4 tsp ginger powder

1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Whisk together the Dijon mustard, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, sugar, and ginger powder in a small bowl. Drizzle half of the marinade onto the salmon and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Make a foil packet for the salmon (discard the marinade) and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
3. Transfer the fish to a flat plate and spoon the reserved marinade on top. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.

Serves 2; I served it with sauteed asparagus


While I was waiting for the salmon to bake, I decided to play with my camera and the fairy lights I strung around my bed last night. The results:


No comments:

Post a Comment