Monday, January 11, 2010

Molten Chocolate Cakes

Have you ever been to Roy's? Have you tried their molten chocolate cake? If not, stop reading, do yourself a favor, and go eat one of their molten chocolate cakes. But before you go, I warn you that the cakes must be ordered in advance (when you order your meal) because they are made-to-order. Also, they are $9 a cake. Yes, I know, how do I afford a tiny $9 chocolate cake? Trust me, if you like chocolate molten cakes, it is well worth it.



This morning I had to go to the dentist. I hate the dentist. I'm only 21 yet I have receding gums and sensitive teeth. So I think that in reward for me sitting through the dentist's (painful) poking and prodding, I deserve a molten chocolate cake.


Molten Chocolate Cakes
Adapted from this recipe

2 (1 oz) squares Baker's semisweet baking chocolate
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
3 Tbsp flour

1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Butter 2 (3/4 cup) custard cups or souffle dishes. Place on baking pan.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Whisk in powdered sugar until well blended. Whisk in egg and egg yolk. Stir in flour. Divide batter between the two souffle dishes.
3. Bake 10 minutes or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Invert cakes on dessert dishes.

Yield: 2 cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment