Friday, February 5, 2010

Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta

Oh the things one makes when there is no food left in the apartment. I know it seems pretty fancy to to say that I eat shrimp and asparagus when I have no food but really, I don't have any food. No chicken, beef, anything. All I have is salmon or shrimp. Which, now I don't have any shrimp. Time to hit the grocery store!




Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta

2 oz small pasta (I used Gemelli)
1 Tbsp olive oil
6 shrimp, deveined
1/4 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
1 Tbsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup store-bought garlic alfredo sauce
1 Tbsp heavy cream
1 Tbsp white wine

1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente, 8-10 minutes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, toss the shrimp and asparagus together with salt and pepper until shrimp is just cooked, about 2 minutes per side. Add the garlic and turn off the heat. Stir for one minute then remove from heat.
3. In a medium pot, heat up the alfredo sauce, heavy cream, and white wine. Add the pasta, shrimp, and asparagus and toss to coat. Serve warm.

Serves 1

No comments:

Post a Comment