Friday, April 30, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

I've been on a binge eating with no purging marathon today. Not really but I could be. I had a really yummy, greasy burger and onion rings from Dirty Martin's for dinner and now I'm chowing down on these peanut butter cookies. I mean, I deserve a reward for doing yoga twice this week, right?!



Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Granulated sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Cream together butter, peanut butter, vanilla extract and sugars. Beat in eggs.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter.
3. Roll into 1 inch balls, dip in the granulated sugar, and put on baking sheets. Flatten each ball slightly with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until cookies just begin to brown. Do not over bake.

Makes 4 dozen cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment