Monday, February 21, 2011

Spinach Quiche

I went to the grocery store and bought way way way too much. I'll be eating a lot this week, which is good I guess considering I have to study all next week and will probably survive on cheese and apples. Speaking of cheese and apples, I made cheese and apple quesadillas a lot last week and they were super easy and super yummy.



Spinach Quiche

1 3 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup half and half
3 eggs
1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 cup grated cheddar
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup finely diced white onion
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Beat cream cheese in medium bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in half and half and eggs. Mix in remaining ingredients.
3. Pour mixture into prepared crust*. Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is set, about 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.

*I used a frozen Pillsbury pie crust this time in a removable bottom 9-inch round tart pan. I usually like to make my pie crust from scratch but tonight was not one of those nights where I had time.

No comments:

Post a Comment