Monday, June 7, 2010

Blueberry Muffins

This post was going to be a French strawberry tart but then my mom and boyfriend ate all the strawberries. So now it's a blueberry muffin post. I'm not a fruit-in-desserts-or-pastries person but for some reason, I was craving blueberry muffins. Actually, I was craving kheer, a sweet Indian rice pudding, but I wasn't allowed to make it because it would have all been gone before my boyfriend got to taste any. So in actuality, I wanted to make a strawberry tart but couldn't so next in line was kheer but that was out so I settled on blueberry muffins.


Most of the muffins I've made in the past have been chocolate or with chocolate chips so this was a departure from my norm. It was pretty tasty considering that I don't like fruit in my desserts. Let me clarify here that a strawberry/fruit tart does not qualify as having fruit in the dessert because the fruit is not actually in the dessert. It's on top. Nevertheless, this muffin was pretty tasty and if you like muffins or baked goods with fruit in them, I recommend you try them.



Blueberry Muffins

Muffins:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/8 cup white sugar
1/8 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp milk
3/4 cup blueberries

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffing tin with with paper muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Stir in the egg then stir in the vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together 1 cup flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Stir the flour mixture into egg mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.

Yield: 6 muffins

1 comment: